March 2023 Events and Activities
Special or One-Time Events
- March 11 – 5th Annual SWFHR Chili Fest – 14811 SR 31, Punta Gorda.
Hosted by the South West Florida Horse Rescue. Chili cook-of, pony rides, hay rides, and other entertainment. Free admission, fees will apply to some areas inside the event.
- March 11-12 – Sullivan Street Craft Festival – Sullivan Street, Punta Gorda. 10 am – 5 pm. Free.
- March 11-12 – Babcock Ranch Art Show – 42850 Crescent Loop, Punta Gorda. 10 am – 4 pm both days. Free admission, exceptional art by more than 60 select artists. Food trucks will be on site.
- March 17 – St. Patrick’s Day Celebration – Fishermen’s Village, 12 – 9 pm.
- March 17 – Jimmy Stowe and the Stowaways: Tribute to Jimmy Buffett – Gulf Theater at the Military Heritage Museum, 900 West Marion Ave, Punta Gorda. 3:00pm. This south Florida based band plays all the “Songs you know by heart” and so much more!
- March 17-19 – Peace River National Art Festival – Laishley Park, 96 Nesbit St, Punta Gorda. Admission $5/person.
- March 18-19 – Bloom and Art – Gilchrist Park, 400 W Retta Esplanade, Punta Gorda.
- March 24-26 – End of Season Arts & Craft Show – Gilchrist Park, 400 W Retta Esplanade, Punta Gorda.
- March 25 – Pedal and Play in Paradise – Leaves from Laishley Park, Punta Gorda. Registration includes: Welcome breakfast, box lunch, live music, FREE beer with lunch, rest stops for all rides. Cyclists of all abilities welcome. $55 registration fee.
- March 29 – Vietnam Veterans Appreciation Day – Military Heritage Museum, 900 W Marion Ave, Punta Gorda. Special events throughout the day.
- March 31 – April 2 – Southern Grand Slam Music Festival – Charlotte County Fairgrounds, 2333 El Jobean Rd, Port Charlotte. Two full days of incredible music, vendors, food trucks, and Fun! Click on link for tickets.
- Daily Sightseeing Cruises – King Fisher Fleet – departing from Fishermen’s Village at 1190 W. Marion Avenue, Punta Gorda. Daily tours for sunsets and to various locations – Cabbage Key, Boca Grande, Cayo Costa and more. Pricing varies.
- Little Explorers at Charlotte Harbor Environmental Center – Join environmental educators every other week on Wednesdays and Fridays to explore wildlife and connect to nature through science and experiential activities. For children up to 6 years old. Siblings are welcome! Free. Call 941.575-5435 or email Tome@checflorida.org to register.
- Monday Night Guided Pickleball Practice – PicklePlex – Reservations necessary. You need to sign up by 9 am Mondays. The first 26 registered may attend. Download the Team Reach app to your phone; enter Group Code: 22mongp; select the calendar to choose date(s); select Yes if coming or No if not. Brand new players, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for special instructions – limited to 12 players (2 courts).
- Every Wednesday, Trivia Night – The Celtic Ray – 145 E. Marion Ave, Punta Gorda.
- Every Thursday, Englewood Opry – The Dearborn Center – 501 W. Dearborn Street, Englewood. Free, bring your own chair, food and beverage.
- Every Other Thursday, Mystery Resale Shopping Bus Tour – Tickets include a catered lunch, door prizes, discounts, contests and more.
- Every Friday, Happy Hour Marketplace takes place at 4:00 pm at Bailey Brothers Park, 361 Dr. Martin Luther King Blvd., Punta Gorda. The event includes live music, crafts, art, fresh produce and fruits, soul food, books, poetry readings, professional services, open mic and housewares. Call 941-258-4920 for info.
- Every Friday, Wine-O Bingo – Coastal Expressions & Wine – 1133 Bal Harbor, Suite 1135, Punta Gorda. 6:00 – 8:00 pm. $6 a card, win wine as prizes. Call 941-214-8599 for reservation.
- Every Saturday, Farmer’s Market – Downtown Punta Gorda. Vendors offering fruits and vegetables, dried fruits and nuts, Italian bakery, fresh homemade pasta, kitchenware, cupcakes, beef and fresh seafood, fresh citrus, jewelry, candles and soaps, dip mixes, Florida arts and crafts, cheese, French bakery, baguettes and olives, homemade pies, orchids, organic produce, personalized pens, kettlecorn, coffee beans and drinks, native and exotic plants.
- Every Sunday, Farmer’s Market – The History Park Sunday Market from 9 am -1 pm at History Park. Local food vendors and artisans are on hand with local fresh produce, flowers and plants, artisan products and music. 501 Shreve St., Punta Gorda
- Fourth Weekend, Heartland Southwest Bluegrass Bash – Craig’s RV Resort, 7895 N.E. Cubitis Ave, Arcadia.